Проблемы оценки качества дополнительного образования
Today the increasing number of constant consumers is a strategic aim for any organization which is possible to be achieved only under condition of continuous perfection of organizational activity quality. If the service representation doesn't correspond to the consumers’ expectations they lose their interest to the service organization, if it does correspond or surpass their expectations they probably would readdress to service provider. For this reason the service organization should more precisely reveal consumers requirements and expectations, namely provider should constantly measure its service quality.
In the given work approaches by the Russian and foreign researchers in the field of quality management are studied and analyzed in details, namely:
- approaches to the «service quality» definition;
- the basic components of service quality management process;
- service organization quality model.
The purpose of research work consists of ISQM (Innovation System of Quality Management) model creation taking into account features of TCS providing, which, in turn, is targeted on TCS company purposes achievement in the field of quality by means of:
- setting the control values of TCS quality indicators;
- measuring of the reached results and their comparison with expected results;
- effective management decision making as a result of carrying out the analysis of managerial activity in the field of quality on the basis of the report containing recommendations for the company activity improvement, prepared due to the results of measuring and collecting quality indicators.
The article deals with the problems of the sphere of extra- vocational education in Russia, which is being just forming in our country including different classes of population. According to the author it is important to render relevant services of extra education, taking international experience into account. The author considers that there is a great deal of work in creating national educational standards ahead of us in order to construct a modular vocational education based on them and to form a sphere of extra-vocational education.
The article is devoted to improving the quality of education in prospective interdisciplinary areas of knowledge such as biomedical engineering. The experience of universities in the U.S.A. and Western Europe is described. Particular attention is paid to the content formation and certification of educating and training programs.
This article considers problem of accessibility of quality education for all citizens in spite of their location. The author analyze the influence between universitys location and results and trends of universitys development. The base of this analysis is official statistic information about university activity.