Marketing communications in luxury fashion retail in the era of big data
Demonstrative consumption is a manifestation of consumer behavior that occurs not only in offline sales but also in electronic commerce. This behavioral pattern is particularly pronounced in the luxury goods niche. This research aims to identify trends, patterns, and contradictions of demonstrative consumption in the fashion-retail context, considering the digital complication of marketing communications and e-commerce issues. The methodological design of the study is based on analyzing global and regional luxury goods markets, quantitative and qualitative assessment of fashion trends, and developing a systemic vision of big data in the marketing communications system within the fashion market of Russia. The results analysis for the whole sample of countries show that 80% of the luxury fashion retail revenue comes from five countries worldwide: France, the USA, Switzerland, Italy, Russia, and the rest of the world gives only 20% of the revenue. For the global comparison, most of the profit from sales in the luxury segment comes from France (25%) against Germany and Spain 1%. Revenue from the sale of luxury goods in Russia is 10%, and the growth rate to profit remains optimistic. The practical application of the results pertains to their application as an empirical basis for developing e-commerce in fashion retail within digital marketing.