Elements of Categorical Logic: 50 Years Later
Since our topic is a interdisciplinary subfield of logic, computer science
and philosophy we believe that we should as least discuss some questions
that the researchers interested in categorical logic might pose themselves.
• What do we mean by categorical logic?
• What are the boundaries of this subfield? Is it an emergent one?
• Which are the important problems in this area?
• Why should any one pursue a programme of investigation in this area?
• Can we see ways of increasing the interaction between the largely parallel
communities (mathematicians, traditional logicians and computer
• Most importantly, what are the trends for the future?