Perspectives of SME innovation clusters development in Russia
Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing. 2013. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 240-259.
Публикация подготовлена по результатам проекта: Исследование специфики сетевых форм организации на развивающихся рынках: формирование отношений с клиентами (2013)
- Ключевые слова:
- competitive strategy
- organizational innovations
- Small to medium-sized enterprises
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to develop and test models explaining the unsatisfactory innovation activity of Russian firms and the main obstacles to innovation cluster development. Design/methodology/approach: Based on statistical analysis and the results of a pilot survey of 192 local businessmen, followed by imitation modeling analysis, the study tests hypotheses regarding the impact of unsatisfactory institutional environments, including weak property rights protection, on innovation cluster development in Russia. Findings: The analysis shows that the impact of adverse factors on innovation activities of cluster members is crucial, and estimates to what extent the negative factors' influence should be reduced to prevent cluster degradation processes. Research limitations/implications: The models provide a number of sensitivity tests of the parameters; however, data from clusters with different levels of support and protection need to be obtained. Government experiments could be conducted to test the models and find ranges of optimal parameters for cluster development. Short of this, examination of actual data from different cluster in similar environments would allow estimated of optimal strategies for support. Longitudinal data can also help determine the actual cause and effect of successful innovation cluster development. Practical implications: The paper provides managerial implications for organizations involved in innovation clusters, which can be used to improve cluster members' performance and collaborative innovation activities by means of creating acceptable institutional environments. Originality/value: The paper provides evidence of the connection between collaborative activities of clustering organizations in Russia and their performance caused by expectations concerning institutional conditions on the macro level in Russia.
- ГлаваIn bk.: Building New Business Models For Success Through Competitiveness and Responsibility. 5th Annual EuroMed Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business. Glion-Montreux: EuroMed Press, 2012. P. 117-123.
Today the increasing number of constant consumers is a strategic aim for any organization which is possible to be achieved only under condition of continuous perfection of organizational activity quality. If the service representation doesn't correspond to the consumers’ expectations they lose their interest to the service organization, if it does correspond or surpass their expectations they probably would readdress to service provider. For this reason the service organization should more precisely reveal consumers requirements and expectations, namely provider should constantly measure its service quality.
In the given work approaches by the Russian and foreign researchers in the field of quality management are studied and analyzed in details, namely:
- approaches to the «service quality» definition;
- the basic components of service quality management process;
- service organization quality model.
The purpose of research work consists of ISQM (Innovation System of Quality Management) model creation taking into account features of TCS providing, which, in turn, is targeted on TCS company purposes achievement in the field of quality by means of:
- setting the control values of TCS quality indicators;
- measuring of the reached results and their comparison with expected results;
- effective management decision making as a result of carrying out the analysis of managerial activity in the field of quality on the basis of the report containing recommendations for the company activity improvement, prepared due to the results of measuring and collecting quality indicators.
- СтатьяИнтеллект. Инновации. Инвестиции. 2011. № 2. С. 53-63.В настоящее время информация и знания становятся главными движущими силами мирового экономического роста, а также ключевыми факторами конкурентоспособности стран на международном рынке. Статья представляет собой анализ двух систем оценки инновационного потенциала (индекс развития информационно-коммуникационных технологий и индекс сетевой готовности) как индикаторов развития экономики знаний и информационного общества.
- ПрепринтModernization through large S&T projects: Assessing Russia’s Drive for Innovation-Led Development via Skolkovo Innovation CentreEconomics and Business Working Paper. WP. UCL SSEES Centre for Comparative Economics, 2014. No. 131.